Newcastle headlines amid Harry Kane injury update with Callum Wilson on standby – Chronicle Live

A round-up of the latest Newcastle United headlines.
Get our FREE Newcastle United newsletter emailed daily to your inbox by subscribing below
We have more newsletters
Here are your latest Newcastle United evening headlines for Wednesday, November 23.
England captain Harry Kane looks set to play a part in Friday's clash with the USA despite suffering an injury scare in the 6-2 win over Iran. The Tottenham striker took a knock to the ankle before being replaced by Newcastle United's Callum Wilson in the second-half of the World Cup opener for the Three Lions.
Kane was due to undergo a scan on Wednesday as England chiefs worried over a potential Qatar setback. However, the forward looks to have escaped relatively unscathed and England are now hopeful he will be in action later this week.
“I think he is good, probably just a little bit sore,” England goalkeeper Jordan Pickford told the media on Wednesday. “I’m sure he is fine, he was out on the grass with us today which is good. He is our captain.”
Read the full story here.
As Fabian Schar prepares to play in his third World Cup, the Switzerland international may well be at the very peak of his powers. With that in mind, it is remarkable to think that the 30-year-old could not even get on the pitch for Newcastle United little more than a year ago.
In fact, Schar went nine games without featuring for the club under Steve Bruce and interim boss Graeme Jones before Eddie Howe's arrival last November. You can see why the defender was delighted to see the head coach come in.
Howe, after all, had previously tried to sign Schar for Bournemouth when the Cherries were in the Championship. Although that did not bring any guarantees, Schar, finally, had the confidence and trust of his manager, who did not want him to change. Instead, in their very first meeting at Benton, Howe simply told Schar to play his game.
Read the full story here.
Garang Kuol knows he must work hard if he's going to try to reach the level of Kylian Mbappe and the rest of the French squad after Australia's 4-1 defeat at the World Cup. The new Newcastle United signing came off the bench in the 73rd minute for a taste of the action.
The highly sought after 18-year-old is being tipped for a big future, but revealed the game against France was somewhat of an eye opener. "You could see the level that they're at," Kuol told YahooSport afterwards. "They're 6ft 4in people who are as quick as me, so there was a big difference between me and some of those players.
"Only hard work will get me to that level. I think it was a good taste to see the level the players are at. Some play in the Premier League, some play in the Champions League, so it was good to get that taste of the level."
Read the full story here.
Callum Wilson's England training absence explained after Iran World Cup cameo
Eddie Howe's Newcastle transfer dilemma that will be debated until January
'A real threat' – Newcastle development has Premier League scared with £60m trump card to come
Graeme Souness claims PIF should be 'nowhere near Newcastle United' in World Cup debate
Newcastle United co-owner delivers Saudi Arabia verdict as World Cup minnows beat Argentina

source

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Lakers sign Thomas Bryant Tom Brady hint at unretirement this year Kevin Durant trade Warriors stars Brooklyn Nets to sign T.J. Warren ‘Minions’ Fire With $110.5 Million debut